Home Marketing & Sales
Announcement:: Please see our new COVID-19 category where small businesses can engage with other business owners and experts to share best practices, information and other resources that will help us all get through this crisis.

What resources, tools, and applications do you use that have helped grow your small business?

Zachary_SBMZachary_SBM Director of Digital Engagement and StrategyAdministrator admin

There are so many tools out there designed for businesses that it can be overwhelming determining which are the best options and if they will actually save you time and help grow your business. For example, it can be a struggle figuring out if the benefit of an application designed for email marketing or data management will justify its cost. To that end, I think it would be extremely beneficial for the community to share the resources you all use that have actually helped grow your business (and maybe even those that haven't). Sometimes trial and error is not an option for a struggling business and a good recommendation can go a long way.

One cool tool I've found for curated lists of business resources is called postmake, but I'd love to hear what the rest of the small business community uses!

Tagged:

Comments

• jocelynkjocelynk Writer-Editor Member

Thanks, that postmake link has some great resources. For anyone who consults or freelances, I switched to Square Invoicing this year because my old invoicing program kept raising the price every year. (Maybe you can relate....) You can create estimates that turn into invoices and set up automatic recurring invoices for retainers. So far, so good. Easy and reliable for the last six months.

If you have to make quick marketing collateral or graphics for social media, Canva is the go-to for a lot of people. But I just started using Adobe Spark to make animated social media posts. They've got some really good templates through their mobile app. It has saved a lot of time and animations have given engagement a slight bump.